“Students experience individual challenges and growth, and leave with impressions that continue to ripple through their daily lives long after they’ve left the site.” – Cindy Carter, Head of Physical Education, CHSS
With specific programs for both primary and secondary school, expect experiential education at its best! Under the guise of playing, students will learn to develop self-confidence, to become effective listeners and leaders, and to trust and bond with their peers.
“Avon Maitland District School Board wholeheartedly endorses the Challenge Course as students are provided many opportunities for learning …the links to curriculum are numerous…” Ted Doherty, Superintendent of Education, AMDSB
An educational session includes setting goals, pushing personal boundaries, learning respect for themselves and for others and is followed up with a comprehensive debriefing. EWCC is a classroom without walls.
- Learn personal strengths and weaknesses;
- Develop trust, control, and empowerment, all while being effective listeners and team leaders;
- Learn to value personal differences; Develop personal work ethics and responsibility;
- Understand the importance of having distinct personalities, attitudes and moods;
- Become an effective listener; Manage feelings and emotions;
- Develop the ability to be a smart risk-taker;
- Actively learn to use appropriate methods for reaching group agreement and goals;
- Courses teach problem solving skills, investigation skills, critical and creative thinking skills, all while having fun and promoting physical activity and team bonding;
- Celebrate success
— Candy McEwan (@candymcewan) September 19, 2014